Phoenix

  • feed
Interactive map loading...
Search Traffic Clear Markers

Latest Phoenix News

About Phoenix

The Phoenix area was settled in about 1850 by brothers Hiram and Samuel Colver. Samuel Colver laid out the town in 1854, but it was initially known as Gasburg, allegedly for a chatty young woman who worked in the kitchen at a flourmill there, “Oregon Geographic Names” reports. The mill’s owner, Sylvester Wait, was also an agent for the Phoenix Insurance Co., of Hartford, Conn., and he affixed the insurance company plate to the post office when it opened in 1857. The city of Phoenix was incorporated in 1911.

City Hall:
112 W. Second St.,
P.O. Box 330,
Phoenix, OR 97535
Phone: 541-535-1955
Fax: 541-535-5769

Population:
4,855 (2009)

Community Links:

Calendar

Photo Galleries

See more staff photos HERE

COUPON OF THE WEEK


Ads by Google