Firefighters pulled a paraplegic man from his burning Merlin house Thursday after a fire started in his bedroom.

Firefighters pulled a paraplegic man from his burning Merlin house Thursday after a fire started in his bedroom.

They said 25-year-old Travis Baldwin was in the home alone when the fire started Thursday afternoon.

Capt. Eric Hamilton of Inland Fire told the Grants Pass Daily Courier that Baldwin was pulled to safety after trying to crawl from the house.

Baldwin's sister Corie said he suffered only a little smoke inhalation.

She said their mother, Sandy Baldwin, had left to pick up a family member from school.

Baldwin broke his back in a car accident a few years ago. The house was heavily damaged.

— The Associated Press