Cooking oil left on a stove top started a fire early Sunday in a mobile home at the Glenwood Mobile Estates on South Pacific Highway in Medford.

Cooking oil left on a stove top started a fire early Sunday in a mobile home at the Glenwood Mobile Estates on South Pacific Highway in Medford.

Firefighters from Medford Fire Department and Jackson County Fire District No. 5 were dispatched to the fire just before 4 a.m. Sunday.

The occupants of the home had evacuated by the time of their arrival, and no one was injured in the fire. The grandmother and grandson who lived there were displaced by the fire. The American Red Cross provided shelter and other necessities to them Sunday night, said Medford fire Battalion Chief Brian Fish.

Firefighters initially met with heavy smoke inside the residence at 3431 S. Pacific Highway and were hampered by a large volume of personal effects inside the residents, but they were able to largely extinguish the fire in about 20 minutes, Fish said.

The fire caused about $10,000 in damage.