Jon Stewart fans Linda Merryman and Kim and Ed Keller have teamed up to organize an Ashland "Rally to Restore Sanity" and "Rally to Keep Fear Alive" event from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday at the Ashland Plaza. It will be held in conjunction with the rally in Washington, D.C., organized by Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show."

Jon Stewart fans Linda Merryman and Kim and Ed Keller have teamed up to organize an Ashland "Rally to Restore Sanity" and "Rally to Keep Fear Alive" event from 9 a.m. to noon on Saturday at the Ashland Plaza. It will be held in conjunction with the rally in Washington, D.C., organized by Stewart, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show."

In Ashland, there will be drummers, dancers and comedy, and those who attend are encouraged to dress as what they fear most and bring signs.

According to Stewart, about 80 percent of the population could agree on real solutions for the troubled times in which we live. But it is the other 15 to 20 percent of the population — the "loud folks," he calls them — who have dominated our national conversation on important issues.

Not to be outdone, Stephen Colbert of "The Colbert Report" will hold a competing rally — the March to Keep Fear Alive Rally — at the same time at the National Mall.

The joint march will be broadcast live on Comedy Central and streamed online. Catch the broadcast from 9 a.m. to noon PDT on high-definition, large-screen televisions at Louie's Bar & Grill on the Plaza.

For information about the Ashland rally, call 541-708-1442 or visit www.rallytorestoresanity.isbreathing.com.