|
|
|
MailTribune.com
  • Avista requests rate hike of 9.7%

  • Customers of Avista Corp. can expect to see an overall increase of 10.4 percent in their natural gas bills starting Nov. 1, once the Public Utility Commission approves the Spokane, Wash., company's annual gas cost adjustment.
    • email print
      Comment
  • Customers of Avista Corp. can expect to see an overall increase of 10.4 percent in their natural gas bills starting Nov. 1, once the Public Utility Commission approves the Spokane, Wash., company's annual gas cost adjustment.
    If approved, Avista residential customers using an average of 47 therms will see monthly bills rise by $5.45, or 9.7 percent, for a revised monthly bill of $61.42. People heating with gas can expect to use more therms.
    Avista said its natural gas revenue will increase by $9.6 million, covering its costs. The company does not mark up the cost of natural gas purchased to meet customer needs, so there is no impact on company earnings.
    The company said about 55 percent of a customer's bill is the combined cost of purchasing natural gas on the wholesale market and transporting it to Avista's system. The other 45 percent covers the cost of the equipment and people needed to deliver the gas.
Reader Reaction

      calendar