A Coos Bay hunter who disappeared with his father right before the big storm last Friday while hunting in the wilderness has been found alive, but the father remains missing.

Search-and-rescue crews found 21-year-old Trevor Higgins Tuesday afternoon suffering from severe hypothermia, according to the Curry Coastal Pilot, and he was airlifted to Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, according to broadcast reports.

Higgins' father, 41-year-old Shawn Higgins, remains missing.

An extensive search for the pair was launched last Friday after reports they became lost while hunting in the wilderness between Gold Beach and Grants Pass, but search efforts were hampered by heavy rain, swollen creeks and fog. 

Officials from multiple counties, volunteers from the surrounding area and relatives of the two men searched Tuesday, according to Curry County Sheriff John Ward.

Bad weather in the mountainous area had made it impossible to use a helicopter in the search for them, according to Ward.

"We are hoping for a break in the weather so we can get an aircraft up in the area to search," Ward said early Tuesday.

Officials launched the search last Friday night after the two men were reported missing by a relative who had been hunting with the pair.

"Shawn Higgins did not show up to a planned meeting area, and after a few hours of looking for him, Trevor also failed to make it back to the roadway prior to dark where all three were to meet," Ward said.

After failing to find the pair Friday night, search-and-rescue members of the sheriff's office, as well as local residents with knowledge of the terrain, hiked into the area Saturday "and spent the day in bad weather searching for Shawn and Trevor," the sheriff said.

The search resumed Sunday with about 80 search-and-rescue personnel from several counties, along with friends and relatives of the two men. About 80 searchers went back into the woods Monday, but the effort was hampered by heavy rains, swollen creeks, fog and wind, Ward said.