A man convicted last year of a riot charge for being part of a 2015 gang-related shooting is back in the Jackson County Jail as a suspect in a drive-by shooting from earlier this week.

Medford police arrested Santiago Flores-Loveland, 20, at a home in the 900 block of Hamilton Street Tuesday night, according to a news release from Medford police. He is held in the jail on no bail and faces two counts of attempted murder, five counts of attempted first-degree assault, five counts of unlawful use of a weapon, and five counts of reckless endangerment. He is also held on a parole violation.

Police allege Flores-Loveland fired several rounds from a vehicle toward a home in the 1100 block of Dakota Avenue on Monday night. The home and two vehicles parked out front were struck by bullets. There were five people in the home at the time, including a 1-month-old baby, but no one was hurt, police said.

"There's some type of gang tie to this," Lt. Justin Ivens said.

Witnesses reported seeing a white Ford Mustang flee the area at a high speed.

Detectives from Medford police and the Medford Area Drug and Gang Enforcement team viewed video surveillance from cameras in the area, which led them to the Hamilton Street home. There, they discovered the white Mustang believed to have been the shooter's car.

At 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, detectives served a search warrant on the home, where they recovered additional evidence and arrested Flores-Loveland, originally on the parole violation charge. They added the additional charges Wednesday.

Flores-Loveland had been released Sept. 22 from prison, where he had been serving time for a September 2015 shooting on Narregan Street with which he was involved but did not pull the trigger.

In that case, Tyler Jesse Sandoval of Phoenix fired three shots into an apartment complex stairwell. No one was hit, but several people were close by. Sandoval was convicted on two counts of attempted murder in April 2016, and sentenced to more than seven years in prison.

Flores-Loveland was sentenced to a riot charge for his involvement in June 2016, and was sentenced to 19 months.

— Reach reporter Ryan Pfeil at 541-776-4468 or rpfeil@mailtribune.com. Follow him at www.twitter.com/ryanpfeil.