fb pixel

Log In


Reset Password

Man loses home in Medford trailer park blaze

A fire at a Medford trailer park destroyed a home overnight, Medford Fire and Rescue officials said.

While the home is a complete loss, no one was injured.

"It pretty much destroyed the entire trailer," said Medford fire investigator Ralph Sartain. "It's a total loss of all contents."

Sartain said the trailer's sole male occupant, Ralph Shuck, 73, heard a pop just after 12:30 a.m. in his trailer, located at 135 Fern Valley Road.

Fire investigators said the fire started at a power strip that had overheated and started to smoke.

Shuck saw fire, which he tried to extinguish before fleeing to a neighbor's home where he called 9-1-1.

Medford fire responded with four engines and about 20 firefighters. The efforts to contain the fire were quick, Sartain said. It did not spread to nearby homes.

Acetylene torch tanks in the home did not explode and fuel the blaze, officials said.