Craterian announces 2014-15 season
The Craterian's 2014-15 lineup features 22 touring shows and 12 music acts, including comedians Sinbad, Kathleen Madigan and Paula Poundstone; spectacle shows "Cocktail Hour" by Ballets with a Twist and America's Got Talent sensation Recycled Percussion; musicals "Beauty and the Beast" and "Million Dollar Quartet"; musicians Gordon Lightfoot, Jesse Cook and Ladysmith Black Mambazo; and tributes to the Beatles and Rolling Stones.
The 18th season of Craterian Performances also features local productions by Teen Musical Theater of Oregon and Next Stage Repertory Company, a new regional senior talent competition called the Rogue Valley Silver Stars and the 12th annual GingerBread Jubilee.
The membership-based nonprofit organization owns and operates the 732-seat Craterian Theater at the Collier Center for the Performing Arts in Medford.
Patrons are encouraged to place ticket orders as soon as possible. Craterian Performances is a nonprofit organization and contributing members receive presale privileges in advance of sales to the general public.
Ticket orders by mail or fax will be processed in each membership level according to date received, beginning June 10 and continuing for five weeks. Annual memberships begin with a $50 tax-deductible contribution and support the theater's programming and operations. For membership information, visit www.craterian.org or contact Maureen Esser at 541-779-8195, ext. 303.
The box office opens for public sales on July 15 at 16 S. Bartlett in Medford and can be reached at 541- 779-3000. Internet sales are set to begin on July 22.
More information on the theater and its programs will be available at www.craterian.org.
Here's the 2014-15 lineup:
- Teen Musical Theater of Oregon: "Shrek the Musical," Aug. 1-2, 7-9
- Kathleen Madigan, Sept. 11
- Ballets with a Twist: "Cocktail Hour," Sept. 13
- Next Stage Repertory Company: "Mrs. Mannerly," Sept. 19-20, 26-27
- Satisfaction: The International Rolling Stones Show, Oct. 1
- Gordon Lightfoot, Oct. 3
- Sinbad, Oct. 11
- "Beauty and the Beast," Oct. 18-19
- The United Kingdom Ukulele Orchestra, Nov. 5
- 12th Annual GingerBread Jubilee, Nov. 21-24
- TMTO: "A Christmas Carol," Dec. 12-13, 18-20
- "A Celtic Christmas," Dec. 23
- Next Stage: "Like a Rolling Stone," Jan. 8-10
- Neil Berg's "Rock & Roll Decades," Jan. 11
- "Rain, A Tribute to the Beatles," Jan. 23
- Paula Poundstone, Jan. 24
- Jesse Cook, Feb. 1
- Jim Witter's "Feelin' Groovy," Feb. 6
- "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," Feb. 9
- Metales M5 Mexican Brass, Feb. 12
- "Broadway's Next H!t Musical," Feb. 19
- TMTO: "Bye Bye Birdie," March 5-7
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo, March 8
- Shotgun Wedding, March 13
- The Gothard Sisters, March 17
- Recycled Percussion, March 20
- Next Stage: "Educating Rita," March 26-28
- "Million Dollar Quartet," March 31
- Northwest Dance Project, April 11
- "Stars on Stage: Celebrating State Soloists," April 12
- Rogue Valley Silver Stars, April 26
- Next Stage: "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," May 15-17, 22-23