Stanley Charles Hagist, 46, Medford. Police arrested Hagist Sunday on a charge of possession of amphetamine and an outstanding warrant for the same offense. He was lodged in the Jackson County Jail without bail.
Christine Herndon, 32, Medford. Police arrested Herndon Sunday on charges of possession of amphetamine, contraband, providing false information to police and third-degree theft as well as two outstanding warrants for failure to appear on charges of possession of amphetamine. She was lodged in the Jackson County Jail.
Philip Lee Begley, 21, no address. Police arrested Begley Sunday on charges of second-degree theft and conspiracy to commit second-degree theft, as well as unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and a parole violation for being a felon in possession of a weapon.
Michael James Kinler, 26, Medford. Police arrested Kinler Sunday on an outstanding warrant for failure to appear on a charge of possession of amphetamine. He was lodged in the Jackson County Jail.
Jackson County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the theft Sunday of items valued at &
36;4,000 from a storage unit in the 6100 block of Crater Lake Ave., Medford. The theft was reported at about 3:45 p.m.
Mountain bicycle accident '
A 54-year-old man was flown by helicopter to Rogue Valley Medical Center Sunday after suffering severe injuries in a mountain biking accident in White City.
The man apparently struck an obstacle and flew head-first over the handlebars of the bicycle while riding near the Denman Wildlife Area at about 6:45 p.m. Emergency response crews reported that the man had lost feeling in his limbs. He was airlifted by Mercy Flights helicopter for treatment. No further details were available at press time.
Structure fire '
No one was injured and damage was limited to the roof when embers from a burn pile sparked a fire Sunday afternoon at a single-family home in the Applegate.
A homeowner and a neighbor used garden hoses to fight the fire before crews arrived at 540 Upper Applegate Road at about 1:15 p.m. Damage to the home, valued at &
36;285,000, was limited to about &
Crews from Applegate Fire District 9 responded to the incident. Capt. Joe D'Amico said in a statement that the home's wood shingle roof posed a burning hazard. The homeowners indicated they were considering less combustible roofing material.