The Chefs Table on Main, an intercontinental dinner house, has opened at 130 E. Main St., Medford.
The restaurant's menu includes beef, pork, chicken and seafood dishes, as well as fish and chips, burgers, eggplant Parmesan and spaghetti. A luncheon buffet is served from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and dinner is served from 4:30 to 9 p.m. The restaurant is operated by John Trapp. The phone number is 773-1119.
Airport Chevrolet placed fourth among 4,063 Chevrolet dealers nationwide in Aveo sales during the past year. General Manager Greg Mills said Airport Chevrolet sold 164 of the subcompact Aveos in December, a 125 percent gain over the 74 sold a year earlier.
RCC Small Business Development Center has expanded its nonprofit management series into the Medford area for spring term. Two courses will be offered in Grants Pass and three in Medford. Organizations from either area are invited to attend all. Classes are held at 9 a.m. to noon Fridays and tuition for each class is $59 per person. Among the offerings are:
- Grant Writing and Resources, April 11. Gain practical tips on how to write a successful grant. Learn how to get started and how to stay organized. Understand key elements that must be included in the grant. Gain insight into what readers look for in reviewing the grant. Location: SBDC, Grants Pass.
- Financial Savvy, April 25. Preparing and interpreting financial statements is uniquely different from those of the for-profit business community. This class helps you understand what you need from financial statements to make informed, practical financial decisions, prepare and revise budgets and have more informed interactions with staff and board members on financial matters. Location: RCC Riverside Campus, Medford.
Tax-aide offer free income tax preparation, e-filing help
Free income tax preparation and free e-filing for low- to moderate-income taxpayers of all ages is offered now through April 15. The service, called Tax-aide, is sponsored by the AARP in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service. Volunteers are trained with the IRS and are knowledgeable about Federal income taxes, as well as Oregon state taxes.
Sites close at the time listed and all clients must arrive at least one half hour before closing. For assistance, please bring your current tax records, Social Security cards, and a copy of last year's income tax return to a Tax-aide site:
- Ashland: Pioneer Hall, 73 Winburn Way, 9 a.m. to noon Monday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Phoenix: Phoenix Library, 510 West First St., noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- Talent: Talent Library, 101 Homes St., 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday.
- Medford: United Church of Christ, 1801 E. Jackson St., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Medford: Senior Center, 510 E. Main St. , appointments only (772-2273), 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and Thursday.
- Medford: Southern Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing, 228 N. Holly St., noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Medford: Santo Center, 701 N. Columbus Ave., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Jacksonville: Jacksonville Library, 340 West C St., noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday
- White City: Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday through Thursday.
Compiled from staff reports