fb pixel

Log In

Reset Password

Local bar owner arrested

A wild party on the roof of a downtown Medford bar early Sunday morning led to the arrest of five people including the owner, after bottles, pallets and an alternator rained down on passing vehicles at Riverside and Main streets.

"This is crazy and very unusual," said Deputy Chief Tim George.

Duncan James Hunter, the owner of the Boneyard Pub at 404 E. Main Street, was arrested on charges of felony criminal mischief, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and reckless endangering. Duncan, 30, of 600 block of Shadow Way in Central Point is being held in Jackson County jail on $16,000 bail.

Medford police arrested two other people on the roof with Duncan for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. They are Cassie Leann Keesee, 25, of the 3600 block of Britt Avenue in Medford and Devon Rose, 28, of the 700 block of Hemlock Avenue in Central Point. Both are being held on $12,000 bail.

Two employees of the nightclub, formerly known as Osprey Pub, were also arrested on charges of consuming alcohol while working for a licensed premise and were taken to the Moore Alcohol Treatment Center. They are Clarence Hildenbrand, 26, and Brooke Pilcher, 28. No addresses were available.

George said officers responded to the Boneyard around 7 a.m. Sunday and heard glass being thrown as they arrived.

"There was actually vomit dripping down from the side of the roof onto the sidewalk," said George.

Officers surrounded the building and went in the back door and found the two intoxicated employees asleep, he said.

A rickety ladder led to the roof, but George said it wasn't sturdy enough for officers so a ladder truck was called in from Medford Fire Department.

Once on top of the roof, officers saw three people asleep, including Duncan.

"They had to fight Duncan James Hunter," said George. "He made the decision to resist arrest. They had to taze him to get him into custody."

A garbage can filled with beer was found on the roof.

Officers called in Medford Public Works to clean up the debris that also included water bottles and trash cans. "The streets on Riverside and Main were trashed with junk not to mention the bodily fluids from people on the roof," said George.

No reports of damage to passing vehicles was reported.

The Oregon Liquor Control Commission also sent out representatives to investigate the Boneyard.

"I can guarantee you that OLCC is knee deep into this one," said George.

Reach reporter Damian Mann at 776-4476 or dmann@mailtribune.com.