fb pixel

Log In


Reset Password

Fire destroys attached shed

A fast-moving fire Sunday that destroyed the attached shed of an Eagle Point home is suspected to have been caused by an electrical problem, fire officials say.

Crews from Jackson County Fire District No. 3 answered the call to the single family residence at the 600 block of Talbot Street at 4:42 p.m., said Battalion Chief Greg Winfrey.

No one was injured in the afternoon blaze. And the homeowner and neighbors had done a good job of beating back the flames that destroyed the shed and partially melted its metal roof, he said.

"They had the fire pretty well knocked down," Winfrey said.

Crews continued to look for hot spots on the home's rooftop while family members surveyed the damage. Although the shed was attached to the back of the residence, Winfrey said the home's living area was not impacted by the fire.

The cause of the flames was "believed to be electrical in origin," said Winfrey.