fb pixel

Log In

Reset Password

Clues point to smoking in Central Point house fire

Smoking likely was a factor in a house fire Sunday that sent a 78-year-old Central Point man to the hospital, investigators said. Oxygen was in use at the time of the fire, according to a news release from Jackson County Fire District No. 3.

Emergency crews responded to the fire at 600 North Third St. shortly before 4 p.m. Sunday. The 78-year-old resident was taken to Providence Medford Medical Center for smoke inhalation and potential burns. His condition was not immediately available.

Three engines responded from District 3, with two more from Medford Fire-Rescue.

Damage was primarily confined to one room, but the rest of the structure suffered smoke damage, fire officials said. A damage estimate was not available.