Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 102 restaurants in November. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Rogue Valley Roasting Company, Ashland — 94;
- Roller Odyssey, Medford — 98;
- Rostel's, Central Point — 90;
- Sara's Cottage Kitchen, Medford — 82;
- Schlotzsky's Deli, Medford — 94;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 94;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Medford Center, Medford — 92;
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub, Medford — 98;
- Shimaya Japanese Gourmet Restaurant, Medford — 82;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 90;
- Society St. Vincent De Paul, Medford — 83;
- Sophia's Soup Factory, Medford — 96;
- Southern Oregon University Cascade Dining Hall, Ashland — 89;
- Starbucks Coffee Company, Ashland — 98;
- Subway No. 2404, Avery Street, Ashland — 84;
- Subway No. 21880, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 99;
- Subway of Phoenix No. 21720, Phoenix — 98;
- Superior Athletic Club, Medford — 92;
- Talent Truck Stop, Talent — 98;
- Terry's Broaster Chicken, Medford — 81;
- Thai Bistro, Medford — 96;
- Thai Pepper, Ashland — 71;
- The Vault, Medford — 94;
- Tiffin's Catering, Medford — 90;
- Time Out, Medford — 96;
- Upper Rogue Moose Lodge No. 2480, Shady Cove — 96;
- Wellsprings Garden Cafe, Ashland — 94;
- Whiskey River Cafe & Lounge, Central Point — 90;
- Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland — 88.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.