Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 91 restaurants in December. All passed their semi-annual inspections, and 13 received perfect scores of 100. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Access Inc. main kitchen, Medford;
- Bear Creek Golf Course, Medford;
- Central Point Food & Friends Meals, Central Point;
- The Dawg Stop Inc., Central Point;
- Helena Darling Catering, Ashland;
- Jacksonville Food & Friends Mealsite, Jacksonville;
- Purple Parrot, Central Point;
- The Red Lunch Box Express, Eagle Point;
- Rogue Valley Medical Center auxiliary coffee shop, Medford;
- Salvation Army multi-service center, Medford;
- Skyline Plaza at Rogue Valley Manor, Medford;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 444, Biddle Road, Medford;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com online.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.