Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 124 restaurants in February. All passed their semi-annual inspections, and 16 received perfect scores of 100. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Ashland Food & Friends Mealsite, Ashland;
- C.G.R.T. Concessions, Medford;
- Corks, Medford;
- Dairy Queen, West Main Street, Medford;
- Evo's Coffee Lounge, Ashland;
- Flamingo's Pizzeria, Stewart Avenue, Medford;
- Frosty Boy, Medford;
- Gourmet Coffee Co., Medford;
- Holy Joe's, Medford;
- Jacksonville Tavern, Jacksonville;
- Purple Parrot, South Central Avenue, Medford;
- Quiznos Subs No. 10240, Delta Waters Road, Medford;
- Roxy Ann Lanes, Medford;
- Shady Cove Food & Friends Meals, Shady Cove;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 15399, Biddle Road, Medford;
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 93;
- Abby's Pizza Inn, Rogue River — 98;
- Agave, Ashland — 97;
- Applebee's Grill & Bar, Medford — 78;
- Ashland Street Cinemas, Ashland — 99;
- Avalon Bar & Grill, Talent — 81;
- Backporch BBQ, Jacksonville — 92;
- Bad Ass Coffee II, Crater Lake Avenue, Medford — 98;
- Bahama Juice Bar, Medford — 87;
- The Beanery, Ashland — 78;
- Bear Creek Operations Cafeteria, Medford — 91;
- Beasy's on the Creek, Ashland — 93;
- Bella Union, Jacksonville — 91;
- Bento Phoenix, Phoenix — 92;
- Big Al's Drive-In, Ashland — 95;
- Big Town Hero, Central Point — 97.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com online.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.