Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 120 restaurants in April. A portion of scores appear weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- China Hut Restaurant and Lounge, Medford — 78;
- Country Cottage, Jacksonville — 87;
- Dilligaf's Bar and Grill, Medford — 84;
- Double Deuce Sandwiches, Ashland — 85;
- Dragonfly Restaurant, Ashland — 95;
- Duck Walk Coffee, Medford — 97;
- Dutch Bros. Coffee, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 99;
- El Albanil, Central Point — 90;
- Eve's Garden Cafe And Tea Room, Applegate — 88;
- Extreme Juice Company, Medford — 86;
- Giseppi's Pizzeria and Sports Den, Ashland — 96;
- Greenleaf Restaurant, Ashland — 80;
- Guadalajara Jr. Inc., Gold Hill — 84;
- Happy Falafel, Ashland — 94;
- Homestead, Rogue River — 95;
- House of Thai Cuisine, Ashland — 72;
- Howard Prairie Resort, Ashland — 94;
- Human Bean of Bear Creek, South Pacific Highway, Medford — 94;
- Island Juice, Center Drive, Medford — 98;
- KC 97 Aero Diner, Medford — 90;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, White City — 94;
- Kids Imagination Discovery Space, Medford — 86;
- King Wah, Medford — 86;
- La Casa Del Pueblo, Shady Cove — 85;
- Las Palmas, Jacksonville — 98;
- Lava Lanes, Medford — 77;
- Library Coffee Shop, Ashland — 91;
- Little Brown Jug-Mei Sum, Talent — 85;
- Louie's Bar and Grill, Ashland — 90.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
See cores online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.