Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 59 restaurants in November. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of scores are reported weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- The Dawg Stop Commissary, Medford — 98;
- Duck Walk Coffee, Medford — 98;
- Giseppi's Pizzeria and Sports Den, Ashland — 95;
- Happy Falafel, Ashland — 87;
- Habaneros, Medford — 74;
- Hometown Buffet No. 725, Medford — 91;
- Human Bean, Ashland — 99;
- Human Bean of Bear Creek, South Pacific Highway, Medford — 98;
- Human Bean of Phoenix, South Pacific Highway, Medford — 98;
- Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville — 98;
- KFC, Barnett Road, Medford — 97;
- Lava Lanes, Medford — 97;
- Library Coffee Shop, Ashland — 82;
- Little Caesars Pizza, White City — 93;
- Louie's Bar & Grill, Ashland — 95;
- McDonald's No. 2013 East Barnett Road, Medford — 84;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, South Central Avenue, Medford — 85;
- Munchie's, Ashland — 93;
- O'Brien's Mountain View BBQ, White City — 88.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.