Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 100 restaurants in January. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 14 received perfect scores of 100. Inspection scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Bruno's Pizza & Pasta, Medford;
- Bud and Mary's Esquire Room, Medford;
- Central Point Food & Friends Meals, Central Point;
- Cold Stone Creamery, Medford;
- Macaroni's Ristorante, Ashland;
- Purple Parrot, Central Point;
- Quizno's Subs of Central Point, Central Point;
- Rogue Valley Country Club concessions, Medford;
- Sonic Drive-In, Medford;
- Stage Coach Saloon, Jacksonville;
- Wendy's, Ashland;
- Wendy's of Southern Oregon, North Pacific Highway, Medford;
- Witham Truck Stop Restaurant, Medford;
- Woodville Video Inc., Rogue River.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Amuse, Ashland — 93;
- Antonio's, Eagle Point — 94;
- Arthur's Restaurant, Eagle Point — 92;
- Annie's Cafe, Phoenix — 87;
- Bad Ass Coffee, White City — 99;
- Barnett Woods, Medford — 85;
- Bento East, Granite Street, Ashland — 84;
- The Brick Bar & Grill, Central Point — 92;
- Cadillac Cafe, Medford — 85;
- Cascade Bingo, White City — 94;
- Centennial Grille, Medford — 90;
- Country Cottage of Jacksonville, Jacksonville — 94.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.