Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 106 restaurants in March. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Ashland — 85;
- Shady Cove Food & Friends Meals, Shady Cove — 98;
- Si Casa Flores, Biddle Road, Medford — 86;
- Soco's Authentic Mexican Food, Ashland — 89;
- Southern Oregon Ice Arena, Medford — 92;
- The Station, Rogue River — 97;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 10688, Center Drive, Medford — 85;
- Taco Bell No. 1683, Ashland — 96;
- Taco Bell No. 4167, East Jackson Street, Medford — 97;
- Taco Bell No. 17467, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 91;
- Taco Bell No. 21401, White City — 99;
- Taco Delite, Medford — 98;
- Taco Delite No. 2, Central Point — 97;
- Three Rivers Cuisine of India, Ashland — 76;
- Towneplace Suites Restaurant, Medford — 92;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 88;
- Wasabi Japanese Restaurant, Medford — 85;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 86;
- Zen Cafe, Medford — 80;
- Zen Zen Sushi & Teriyaki, Central Point — 90;
- Zoey's Cafe & All Natural Ice Cream, Ashland — 88.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.