Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 115 restaurants in April. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- La Casa Del Pueblo, Ashland — 90;
- Luigi's Italian Sandwiches, Medford — 85;
- MacLevin's, Jacksonville — 94;
- Main Event Sports Bar & Eatery, Eagle Point — 95;
- Marie Callender's, Medford — 84;
- Medford Youth Baseball Society, Medford — 88;
- Miguel's Guadalajara, Shady Cove — 94;
- Moe's Restaurant, Ashland — 88;
- Mongolian BBQ, Medford — 94;
- Moozie's Cafe & Longhorn Saloon, Eagle Point — 92;
- Morning Glory, Ashland — 96;
- Mr. Smith's, Medford — 96;
- New Far East, Medford — 93;
- The Office, Medford — 92;
- Original Roadhouse Grill, Medford — 89;
- Parkside Cafe, Medford — 94;
- Patti's Kitchen, Gold Hill — 93;
- Picnic Basket Delicatessen, Shady Cove — 82;
- Pilot Travel Center No. 391, Central Point — 89;
- The Pita Pit, Ashland — 94;
- Pizza at the Cove, Shady Cove — 92;
- Pomodori Ristorante, Medford — 95;
- Purple Parrot, South Central Avenue, Medford — 96;
- Purple Parrot No. 8, Highland Drive, Medford — 94;
- R & D Sandwich Factory, Medford — 95;
- Rogue BBQ Catering, Medford — 94;
- Rogue River Cottage CafÃ©, Rogue River — 89;
- Rogue Riviera, Gold Hill — 98;
- Roscoe's BBQ Sports Bar & Grill, Phoenix — 92.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.