Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 96 restaurants in June. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Medford — 85
- Soup to Nuts Catering, Medford — 86
- Southern Oregon University Stevenson Union Snack Bar, Ashland — 83
- Standing Stone Brewing Co., Ashland — 88
- Subway No. 21880, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 87
- Subway, Southern Oregon Ball Park, Medford — 93
- Superior Athletic Club, Cardley Avenue, Medford — 92
- Sweet Water Cafe, Medford — 84
- Taco Time, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 91
- Talent Truck Stop, Talent — 97
- Thai Bistro, Medford — 99
- Time Out, Medford — 99
- Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland — 92
- The Winchester Inn, Ashland — 95
- Whistle Stop Emporium, Butte Falls — 90
- Woody's Pub & Grille, Medford — 98
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point — 97
- Yogurt Hut, Ashland — 90
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.