Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 88 restaurants in July. All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Bruno's Pizza & Pasta, Medford — 95;
- Cadillac Cafe, Medford — 92;
- Centennial Grille, Medford — 96;
- Chozu Bath & Tea Gardens, Ashland — 90;
- Country Cottage, Jacksonville — 92;
- D & D Catering Expo Amphitheater, Central Point — 94;
- Debby's Diner, Medford — 95;
- Deli Yogurt Delight, Medford — 89;
- Donut Country, Medford — 98;
- Dutch Bros. Coffee, Medford — 97;
- Grilla Bites, Ashland — 95;
- Guadalajara Jr., Gold Hill — 97;
- Guadalajara Mexican Restaurant, Medford — 77;
- Hana Sushi, Ashland — 97;
- Happy Falafel, Ashland — 93;
- House of Thai Cuisine, Ashland — 88;
- Human Bean of Barnett, Medford — 99;
- Jacksonville Food & Friends, Jacksonville — 83;
- Jasper's Restaurant/Cafe, Medford — 97;
- Kelton's Steak & Seafood, Medford — 93;
- Las Morenas, Medford — 92.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.