Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 111 restaurants in August.
All restaurants passed their semiannual inspections, and 19 received perfect scores of 100. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 70;
- Lumpy's No. 5, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 98;
- Magnolia Grill, Jacksonville — 82;
- Mazatlan Grill, Central Point — 96;
- McDonald's, Central Point — 95;
- McDonald's, Phoenix — 98;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford — 94;
- Mihama Teriyaki Grill, Ashland — 93;
- Mrs. Q's Restaurant, Medford — 84;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, West Main Street, Medford — 85;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 91;
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 77;
- Oh's Osaka, Medford — 89;
- The Old Farm House Restaurant, Central Point — 93;
- The Olive Garden, Medford — 95;
- Orange Julius, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 83;
- Panda Garden, Ashland — 86;
- Pasta Piatti, Ashland — 79;
- Pinehurst Inn, Ashland — 90;
- Pit Stop Espresso, Jacksonville — 95;
- Quizno's, Biddle Road, Medford — 94;
- Quizno's No. 2, East Stewart Avenue, Medford — 91;
- Red Lobster No. 576, Medford — 99;
- Redrock Italian Eatery, Medford — 92;
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate, Ashland — 98;
- Rogue Regency Inn, Medford — 86;
- Rogue Valley Family Fun Center, Central Point — 99.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods held at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.