Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 110 restaurants in October. All passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Roscoe's BBQ Sports Bar & Grill, Phoenix — 91;
- Rumors Lounge, Medford — 93;
- Sally's Kitchen, Medford — 86;
- Seoul Garden, Medford — 82;
- Shady Cove Subway, Shady Cove — 94;
- Shy's Cafe & Lounge, Shady Cove — 85;
- Sizzler Family Steak House, Medford — 98;
- Sodexo-Cascade Dining, Southern Oregon University, Ashland — 91;
- Sodexo-SOU Stevenson Union Snack Bar, Ashland — 91;
- Solorios La Hacienda, Medford — 91;
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford — 95;
- Stagecoach Saloon & Jazz Club, Jacksonville — 98;
- Star Sushi 2, Medford — 94;
- Stillwater, Ashland — 90;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 12462, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 92;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 21610, Delta Waters Road, Medford — 98;
- Subway, SOU Stevenson Union, Ashland — 87;
- Sugar Pine Company Cafe, Butte Falls — 96;
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point — 93;
- Taqueria El Gallo, Medford — 91;
- Trophy Room & Cafe, Prospect — 88;
- Vic's Mongolian BBQ, Ashland — 94;
- Village Deli, Medford — 89;
- The Vinyl Club, Ashland — 93;
- Wendy's, Biddle Road, Medford — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.