Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 99 restaurants in November. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 15 received perfect scores of 100. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Arby's No. 8202, East Stewart Avenue, Medford;
- Cedar Snack Bar, Medford;
- Creekside Pub, Rogue River;
- Dutch Bros., Bateman Drive, Medford;
- Human Bean, Ashland;
- Human Bean, Biddle Road, Medford;
- Human Bean, East Pine Street, Central Point;
- Human Bean, East Vilas Road, Central Point;
- Human Bean, Stewart Avenue, Medford;
- Human Bean of Bear Creek, 2337 S. Pacific Highway, Medford;
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland;
- MacLevin's, Jacksonville;
- Rock Family Worship Center, Medford;
- Rogue Express, Rogue River;
- Roxy Ann Bakery, Medford.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Agave, Ashland — 93;
- Alex's Plaza Restaurant & Bar, Ashland — 91;
- Baci's Pizza & Pasta, Rogue River — 92;
- The Bad Ass Coffee Co., South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 91;
- Barbwire Grill, Eagle Point — 90;
- Beasy's on the Creek, Ashland — 96;
- Bear Creek Operations Cafeteria, Medford — 95;
- Bel Di's on the Rogue, Shady Cove — 96;
- Bella Union, Jacksonville — 91;
- Big Town Hero, Ashland — 97;
- The Black Sheep, Ashland — 84.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.