Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 99 restaurants in November. All passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- La Fiesta, Jacksonville — 97;
- Lava Lanes, Medford — 95;
- Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine, Medford — 92;
- Little Caesars Pizza, White City — 95;
- Louie's Bar & Grill, Ashland — 97;
- Ma's Restaurant, Shady Cove — 98;
- Mahoney's Tavern, Grants Pass — 98;
- McDonald's No. 4483, Biddle Road, Medford — 95;
- Medford Senior Center, Medford — 98;
- Moe's Restaurant, Ashland — 87;
- Munchie's, Ashland — 87;
- Natalee Thai Cuisine, Medford — 87;
- Original Bobbio's Pizza, Central Point — 96;
- Original Roadhouse Grill, Medford — 91;
- Palace Cafe, Ashland — 99;
- Panda Express No. 1702, Medford — 93;
- Peace House Community Meals, Ashland — 99;
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford — 96;
- Prospect Pizza, Prospect — 85;
- Puck's Donuts, Phoenix — 99;
- Red Lion Hotel, Medford — 87;
- Richard's Donuts & Pastries, Medford — 89;
- Rogue River Food & Friends, Rogue River — 99;
- Roscoe's BBQ Express, Medford — 93;
- Sansei, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 84.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.