Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 98 restaurants in March. All passed their semiannual inspections, and the following 18 received perfect scores of 100.
- Ashland Food & Friends Mealsite, Ashland
- Bad Ass Coffee II, Crater Lake Avenue, Medford
- Big Town Hero, Central Point
- Burger King, Crater Lake Highway, Medford
- Carl's Jr., Biddle Road, Medford
- CGRT Concessions, Medford
- Cinemark USA, White City
- Dairy Queen, West Main Street, Medford
- Extreme Juice, Eagle Point
- Mucho Gusto Mexican Kitchen, Medford
- Phil's Frosty, Shady Cove
- Prism Espresso Bar & Resale, Medford
- Purple Parrot, Eagle Point
- Purple Parrot No. 9, South Central Avenue, Medford
- Quizno's, Delta Waters Road, Medford
- Starbucks Coffee No. 2865, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford
- Taco Bell No. 1683, Ashland
- Tinseltown USA No. 254, Medford
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, Crater Lake Highway, Medford: 99
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, White City: 95
- Ali's Thai Kitchen, Medford: 99
- All American Frozen Yogurt, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford: 98
- Angelo's Pizza Parlor, Phoenix: 95
- Animal House Coffee, White City: 88
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.