Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 98 restaurants in March. All passed their semiannual inspections. Scores are reported in the Mail Tribune, with a portion published weekly.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Jackson Creek Pizza Co., East Main Street, Medford — 93;
- Joe's La Burrita, Medford — 90;
- Karen's Kitchen, Rogue River — 96;
- KFC, East McAndrews Road, Medford — 98;
- KFC, Central Point — 95;
- Lithia Springs Inn, Ashland — 98;
- Little Caesars Pizza, Medford — 93;
- Longbranch Saloon, Gold Hill — 99;
- Luigi's Italian Sandwiches, Medford — 95;
- Martolli's Hand Tossed Pizza, Ashland — 95;
- Ma's, Central Point — 88;
- McDonald's No. 5996, White City — 99;
- McDonald's No. 14537, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 91;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 96;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, West Main Street, Medford — 90;
- Mix Sweet Shop, Ashland — 95;
- Mongolian BBQ, Medford — 92;
- The Mustard Seed Cafe, Jacksonville — 95;
- Old Farm House, Phoenix — 90;
- O'Ryans Irish Pub, Ashland — 92;
- Panda House, Medford — 78;
- Pizza Hut No. 102017, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Pizza Hut No. 738201, Central Point — 95;
- Relax Sports Pub, Central Point — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.