Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 97 restaurants in June. All passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Paddy Brannan's Irish Pub, Ashland: 98;
- Pangea, Ashland: 88;
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford: 95;
- Pit Stop Tavern, Medford: 93;
- Pretzel Maker, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford: 91;
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford: 95;
- Purple Parrot No. 7, White City: 98;
- Purple Parrot No. 16, Stewart Avenue, Medford: 95;
- Real Deal Cafe, Medford: 94;
- The Red Dragon, Rogue River: 90;
- Red Lion Hotel, Medford: 82;
- Restaurant El Kora, Medford: 99;
- Rogue Express, Rogue River: 99;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Medford Center Drive, Medford: 84;
- Soup to Nuts Catering, Medford: 95;
- Standing Stone Brewing Co., Ashland: 90;
- Subway, Lowry Lane, Medford: 91;
- Subway No. 21880, Jacksonville Highway, Medford: 89;
- Subway No. 21720, Phoenix: 94;
- Subway, Southern Oregon Ball Park, Lowry Lane, Medford: 95;
- Talent Truck Stop, Talent: 96;
- Torero's Mexican Restaurant, Central Point: 86;
- Varsity Theatre, Ashland: 98;
- Wet, A Nightclub, Medford: 88;
- Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland: 91.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.