Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 88 restaurants in July. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Muchas Gracias Mexican, Samike Drive, Medford — 93;
- New Tin Tin Buffet, Medford — 83;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe to Go, Central Point — 95;
- Oh's Osaka, Medford — 93;
- The Old Farmhouse, North Riverside Avenue, Medford — 90;
- The Old Farm House, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 92;
- Oregon Mountain Coffee Co., Medford — 92;
- Paisano's Italian Kitchen, Rogue River — 95;
- Papa John's Pizza, West Main Street, Medford — 94;
- Picasso's Pantry, Talent — 96;
- Porters, Medford — 95;
- Purple Parrot No. 5, Central Point — 99;
- Purple Parrot No. 6, Biddle Road, Medford — 98;
- Quiznos, Biddle Road, Medford — 97;
- Quiznos Subs, Central Point — 95;
- Rack 'Em, Medford — 95;
- Rogue Valley Roasting Co., Ashland — 98;
- Rogue Valley Roasting Co. bakery (Ashland armory), Ashland — 87;
- Rooster's, Medford — 88;
- Rosario's Italian Restaurant, Medford — 97;
- Rosso's Trattoria, Medford — 91;
- Si Casa Flores, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 93.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.