Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 88 restaurants in July. All passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Si Casa Flores, Phoenix — 95;
- Sky House Bar & Grill, Medford — 91;
- Soco's La Burrita, Phoenix — 88;
- Sonic Drive-In, Medford — 94;
- Society St. Vincent de Paul, Medford — 97;
- Sonic Drive-In, Central Point — 95;
- Sophia's Soup Factory, Medford — 95;
- Southern Oregon Concession, Jackson County Expo, Central Point — 90;
- Subway Sandwiches, White City — 89;
- Superior Athletic Club, Cardley Avenue, Medford — 93;
- Taco Time, Roberts Road, Medford — 88;
- Tacos & Pollos Grilled, Medford — 91;
- Thai House Restaurant, Jacksonville — 89;
- Talent Club Inc., Talent — 90;
- Tease, Ashland — 92;
- Ubhill One, Jackson County Expo, Central Point — 96;
- Wendy's of Southern Oregon, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 99;
- Whistle Stop Emporium, Butte Falls — 90;
- Wiley's World Pasta Shoppe, Ashland — 93;
- Witham Truck Stop Restaurant, Medford — 95;
- Woodville Video Inc., Rogue River — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.