Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 108 restaurants in August. All passed their semiannual inspections. These restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 75;
- Lumpy's No. 3, North Pacific Highway, Medford — 90;
- Mario's Sandwiches, Phoenix — 98;
- Mazatlan Grill, Central Point — 95;
- McCully House Inn, Jacksonville — 85;
- McDonald's, Central Point — 95;
- McDonald's, Phoenix — 95;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 72;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford — 94;
- Medford Coffee Co., Medford — 95;
- Medford Food & Friends Meal Site, Medford — 96;
- Mountain Resort at Hyatt Lake, Ashland — 95;
- Muchas Gracias, Aviation Way, Medford — 84;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, West Main Street, Medford — 87;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 87;
- The Old Farm House Restaurant, Central Point — 90;
- Omar's Inc., Ashland — 77;
- Papa John's Pizza, Biddle Road, Medford — 88;
- Patti's Kitchen, Gold Hill — 92;
- The Pita Pit, Ashland — 95;
- Quiznos No. 2, East Stewart Avenue, Medford — 94;
- Rogue Valley Country Club Inc., Medford — 95;
- Roy's Pioneer Club, Central Point — 90;
- Salvation Army Multiservice, Medford — 89;
- Sandwich Shack, Medford — 95;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 79.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.