Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 127 restaurants in October. All passed their semiannual inspections. A portion of all scores are published weekly in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Purple Parrot No. 8, Highland Drive, Medford — 99
- Red Hibiscus, Ashland — 92
- Richard's Donuts & Pastries, Medford — 92
- Rogue River Cottage Cafe, Rogue River — 96
- Roller Odyssey, Medford — 95
- Roscoe's BBQ Sports Bar & Grill, Phoenix — 89
- Rumors Lounge, Medford — 92
- Sally's Kitchen, Medford — 95
- Sansei, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 91
- Shiki Four Seasons, Medford — 90
- Shy's Cafe & Lounge, Shady Cove — 90
- Sodexo, SOU Cascade Dining, Ashland — 90
- Sodexo, SOU Stevenson Union Snack Bar, Ashland — 90
- Soup Station, Rogue River — 94
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford — 97
- Star Sushi No. 2, Medford — 95
- Subway Sandwiches No. 12462, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 89
- Subway, SOU Stevenson Union, Ashland — 99
- Sugar Pine Co. Cafe, Butte Falls — 92
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point — 99
- Taco Bell No. 4167, East Jackson Street, Medford — 99
- Taqueria el Gallo, Medford — 92
- Tasty Thai Restaurant, Medford — 89
- Trophy Club, Medford — 98
- Trophy Room & Cafe, Prospect — 84
- Vic's Mongolian BBQ, Ashland — 91
- Village Deli, Medford — 94
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Biddle Road, Medford — 95
- Yogurt Hut, Medford — 98
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 85
- Zoey's Cafe & All Natural Ice Cream, Ashland — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.