Jackson County health inspectors in February evaluated 122 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Martolli's Hand Tossed Pizza, Ashland — 90;
- McCully House Inn, Jacksonville — 80;
- McDonald's No. 5996, White City — 96;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 72;
- Medford Food & Friends, Medford — 95;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 99;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, West Main Street, Medford — 95;
- Mix Sweet Shop, Ashland — 92;
- Mongolian BBQ, Medford — 97;
- Mustard Seed Cafe, Jacksonville — 83;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent — 94;
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 85;
- Old Farm House, Phoenix — 90;
- Omar's Inc., Ashland — 85;
- Organic Natural Cafe, Medford — 93;
- Panda Garden, Ashland — 87;
- Pasta Piatti, Ashland — 99;
- Phil's Frosty, Shady Cove — 99;
- Pier 21, Medford — 94;
- Pizza Hut No. 102017, Biddle Road, Medford — 97;
- Pizza Hut No. 738201, Central Point — 99;
- Quiznos, Delta Waters Road, Medford — 89;
- Red Lobster No. 576, Medford — 99;
- Relax Sports Pub, Central Point — 85;
- The Rock Family Worship Center, Medford — 82;
- Rogue Regency Inn, Medford — 93;
- Rogue River Lodge, Trail — 84;
- Rogue Valley Country Club Inc., Medford — 95;
- Rogue Valley Family Fun Center, Central Point — 99;
- Roxy Ann Lanes, Medford — 85.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.