Jackson County health inspectors in February evaluated 122 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published, in weekly portions, in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Roy's Pioneer Club, Central Point — 96;
- Sandwich Shack, Medford — 90;
- Selena's Catering Services, Medford — 99;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 90;
- Shari's Restaurant, Central Point — 93;
- Shenanigan's Bar & Grille, Medford — 96;
- Si Casa Flores, Biddle Road, Medford — 90;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 75;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 2865, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 99;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 10688, Center Drive, Medford — 91;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads, Ashland Street, Ashland — 92;
- Tabu, Ashland — 77;
- Taco Bell No. 1683, Ashland — 99;
- Taco Bell No. 21401, White City — 99;
- Taco Delite, Medford — 96;
- Taco Delite No. 2, Central Point — 97;
- Tarasco Mexican Restaurant, Rogue River — 91;
- Thai House Restaurant, Jacksonville — 90;
- Thai Pepper, Ashland — 92;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 95;
- Upper Rogue Community Center, Shady Cove — 92;
- Vinny's Italian Kitchen, Medford — 94;
- Wasabi Japanese Restaurant, Medford — 93;
- Wellsprings Garden Cafe, Ashland — 92;
- Wild River, Medford — 91;
- Wimer Way Cafe, Rogue River — 95;
- The Winchester Inn, Ashland — 79;
- Zach's Deli & Catering Co., Medford — 98;
- Zen Zen Sushi & Teriyaki, Central Point — 89.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.