Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 38 restaurants in June. All passed their semiannual inspections, and two received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Hot Dawgs Commissary, Medford;
- The Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- 38 Central, Medford — 73;
- Abby's Pizza Inn, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 95;
- Arthur's Snack Bar, Eagle Point — 94;
- Baci's Pizza & Pasta, Rogue River — 90;
- Blue (Greek on Granite), Ashland — 85;
- Cafe Namaste, Ashland — 92;
- Chun's Palace, Ashland — 82;
- Cones & Co., Prospect — 92;
- First Street Cafe, Phoenix — 97;
- Flappers Wild West Wings, Medford — 93;
- Hangar Corp. (Emigrant Lake water slides), Ashland — 90;
- Laughing Buddha, Medford — 94;
- Ma's Restaurant, Shady Cove — 89;
- Noble Coffee, Ashland — 98;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe, Medford — 88;
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre Inc., Ashland — 99;
- Outback Steakhouse, Medford — 89;
- Pangea, Ashland — 88.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining. Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.