Jackson County health inspectors in June evaluated 38 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
These restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Peerless Restaurant, Ashland: 91;
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford: 77;
- Prospect Historic Hotel, Prospect: 90;
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford: 98;
- Red Lion Hotel, Medford: 85;
- Rogue River Bakery & Deli, Rogue River: 95;
- Rogue Valley Medical Center food-service department (basement floor), Medford: 85;
- Ruby's, Ashland: 92;
- Shenanigan's Irish Pub, Medford: 94;
- Society St. Vincent de Paul, Medford: 88;
- Soup to Nuts Catering, Medford: 95;
- Standing Stone Brewing Co., Ashland: 91;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 444, Biddle Road, Medford: 99;
- Subway Sandwiches, Talent: 94;
- Subway Sandwiches and Salads, Crater Lake Avenue, Medford: 90;
- Tease, Ashland: 94;
- Varsity Theatre, Ashland: 98;
- Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland: 91.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.