Jackson County health inspectors in July evaluated 39 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Jasper's Restaurant/Cafe, Medford — 94;
- Little Caesars Pizza, Central Point — 98;
- Longbranch Saloon, Gold Hill — 93;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, Lear Way, Medford — 85;
- Natalee Thai Cuisine, Medford — 83;
- The Old Farmhouse, North Riverside Avenue, Medford — 95;
- The Old Farm House, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 92;
- Oregon Mountain Coffee Co., Medford — 97;
- Paddy Brannan's Irish Pub, Ashland — 98;
- The Playwright, Ashland — 99;
- Purple Parrot, 10546 Highway 62, Eagle Point — 99;
- Purple Parrot, Plaza Boulevard, Central Point — 98;
- Rack 'Em, Medford — 96;
- Rooster's, Medford — 91;
- Soco's La Burrita, Phoenix — 88;
- Sophia's Soup Factory, Medford — 95;
- Subway Sandwiches, White City — 88;
- Underwraps Cafe, Medford — 84;
- The Venue Community Civic Center, Medford — 99;
- Wellsprings Garden Cafe, Ashland — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted online at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.