Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 101 restaurants in August. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Smithfields, Ashland — 92;
- Sonic Drive-In, Central Point — 88;
- Sonic Drive-In, Medford — 96;
- The Sports Zone Bar & Grill, Medford — 87;
- Stone Ridge Golf Club, Eagle Point — 97;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 15399, Biddle Road, Medford — 80;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads, Ashland Street, Ashland — 94;
- Superior Athletic Club, Cardley Avenue, Medford — 98;
- Taco Bell No. 17467, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 97;
- Taco Bell No. 18540, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 96;
- Talent Club Inc., Talent — 91;
- Tee Time Cafe, Medford — 94;
- Terry's, Medford — 85;
- Tony's Pizzeria, Eagle Point — 98;
- Villa Pizza Fresh Italian Kitchen, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 93;
- Wendy's, Ashland — 95;
- Wiley's World Pasta Shoppe & Eatery, Ashland — 91;
- The Winchester Inn, Ashland — 94;
- Witham Truck Stop Restaurant, Medford — 94;
- Woodville Video Inc., Rogue River — 98;
- Yummy Yan's, Medford — 74.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.