Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 121 restaurants in October. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 26 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- 2 Good Cooking Chicks, Medford;
- Abby's Pizza Inn, Rogue River;
- Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland;
- Butte Falls Tavern, Butte Falls;
- Confident Caterers Inc., Medford;
- Dairy Queen, West Main Street, Medford;
- Downtown Grounds, Medford;
- Duck in Deli, Medford;
- Hematology Oncology Associates, Medford;
- Jack in the Box, Medford;
- KFC, Central Point;
- McDonald's No. 4483, Biddle Road, Medford;
- Moozie's Cafe & Longhorn Saloon, Eagle Point;
- Mountain Meadows, Ashland;
- Organic Grind, Talent;
- Purple Parrot, 11264 Highway 62, Eagle Point;
- Richard's Donuts & Pastries, Medford;
- Roller Odyssey, Medford;
- Selena's Catering Services, Medford;
- Shady Cove Food & Friends Meals, Shady Cove;
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford;
- Subway No. 2404, Avery Street, Ashland;
- Taco Bell No. 9490, Center Drive, Medford;
- Trophy Club, Medford;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, South Riverside Avenue, Medford.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.