Jackson County health inspectors in November evaluated 122 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published, in weekly portions, in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Beasy's on the Creek, Ashland — 95;
- Beckie's Cafe, Prospect — 92;
- Bella Union, Jacksonville — 91;
- The Black Sheep, Ashland — 94;
- Bobbio's Pizza No. 3, White City — 95;
- Buttercloud Bakery & Cafe, Medford — 94;
- Campus Dining at Southern Oregon University (library), Ashland — 83;
- Cascade Gorge Restaurant, Prospect — 94;
- Cebolla Bar & Grill, Ashland — 98;
- Chateaulin, Ashland — 98;
- Cicily's Pastaria & Grill, Medford — 97;
- Coffee House Cafe & Gift Shop, Rogue River — 78;
- Cucina Biazzi, Ashland — 92;
- Cupcake Creations, Medford — 95;
- Deli Down at Shenanigan's, Medford — 93;
- Dilligaf's Bar & Grill, Medford — 96;
- Duck Walk Coffee, Medford — 95;
- El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine, Ashland — 98;
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, Ashland — 95;
- Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge, Medford — 92;
- Extreme Juice Co., North Phoenix Road, Medford — 98;
- Gaetano Ristorante Italiano, Medford — 96;
- Geppetto's and Beau Club, Ashland — 96;
- Giseppi's Pizzeria and Sports Den, Ashland — 95;
- Gogi's Restaurant, Jacksonville — 98;
- Golden Wok, Medford — 93;
- HomeTown Buffet No. 725, Medford — 96;
- Kaleidoscope Pizzeria & Pub, Medford — 96;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, White City — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.