Jackson County health inspectors in December evaluated 85 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Jackson Creek Pizza Co., East Main Street, Medford — 92;
- The Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville — 95;
- Kobe Restaurant, Ashland — 98;
- Laughing Buddha, Medford — 82;
- Lee's Cuisine, Ashland — 88;
- Louie's Bar & Grill, Ashland — 93;
- Lumpy's No. 4, Medford Center, Medford — 99;
- Ma's Restaurant, Shady Cove — 95;
- Mai Thai, Central Point — 92;
- Medford Senior Center, Medford — 81;
- Misoya Sushi & Teriyaki, Medford — 85;
- New China, Medford — 84;
- Noble Coffee, Fourth Street, Ashland — 95;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe, Medford — 85;
- Outback Steakhouse, Medford — 98;
- The Palms Cafe, Central Point — 91;
- Pangea, Ashland — 86;
- Peerless Restaurant, Ashland — 95;
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford — 81;
- Pho Sur, Medford — 86;
- Providence Medford Medical Center, Medford — 99.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.