Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 89 restaurants in April. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 18 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Angus Bowmer Theatre, Ashland;
- CGRT Concessions, Medford;
- Downtown Grounds, Medford;
- The Elizabethan Theatre, Ashland;
- Human Bean of Bear Creek, South Pacific Highway, Medford;
- La Burrita, Medford;
- Leonardo's and E&G Catering, Jackson County Expo, Central Point;
- Moozie's Cafe, Eagle Point;
- Mountain Meadows, Ashland;
- Mr. Smith's, Medford;
- Noble Coffee, East Main Street, Ashland;
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland;
- Purple Parrot No. 8, Highland Drive, Medford;
- Roller Odyssey, Medford;
- Shady Cove Food & Friends, Shady Cove;
- Skyline Plaza / Rogue Valley Manor, Medford;
- Subway No. 2928, White City;
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.