Jackson County health inspectors in May evaluated 114 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Adam's Deli & Catering, Medford — 98;
- Agave, Ashland — 95;
- Alex's Plaza Restaurant and Bar, Ashland — 94;
- Aloha Grill (sports park), Medford — 91;
- Amuse, Ashland — 98;
- Arbor House Restaurant, Talent — 96;
- Artisan Bakery Cafe, Medford — 98;
- Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland — 99;
- Baci's Pizza & Pasta, Medford — 94;
- Bateman Senior Meals, Medford — 96;
- Beau Club, Ashland — 98;
- Big Town Hero, Central Point — 98;
- The Black Sheep, Ashland — 97;
- Bobbio's Pizza No. 3, White City — 98;
- Buttercloud Bakery & Cafe, Medford — 97;
- Caldera Tap House, Ashland — 94;
- Campus Dining, Southern Oregon University (library), Ashland — 86;
- Carl's Jr., Eagle Point — 99;
- Chateaulin, Ashland — 97;
- Cicily's Pastaria & Grill, Medford — 95;
- Cucina Biazzi, Ashland — 96;
- Dilligaf's Bar & Grill, Medford — 93;
- Dutch Bros. Coffee, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 99;
- Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge, Medford — 96;
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, Ashland — 96;
- Fiesta Market & Taqueria, Medford — 90;
- Giseppi's Pizzeria, Ashland — 94.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.