Jackson County health inspectors in June evaluated 81 restaurants. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 18 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Angelo's Pizza Parlor, Medford;
- Beasy's on the Creek, Ashland;
- Bellisima Catering, Ashland;
- Buckhorn Springs, Ashland;
- Central Point Senior Center, Central Point;
- Flappers Wild West Wings, Medford;
- Gogi's Restaurant, Jacksonville;
- Main Street Yogurt & Ice Cream, Phoenix;
- Medford Youth Baseball, Medford;
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre Inc., Ashland;
- Purple Parrot No. 7, White City;
- The Red Lunch Box Express, Eagle Point;
- Southern Oregon Speedway, White City;
- Subway, Phoenix;
- Subway Sandwiches, Talent;
- Thai Bistro, Medford;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point;
- Yogurt Hut, Ashland.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.