Jackson County health inspectors in September evaluated 106 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Leo's BBQ, Rogue River — 79;
- Luigi's Italian Sandwiches, Medford — 95;
- McKee Bridge Restaurant & Store, Jacksonville — 92;
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, West Main Street, Medford — 97;
- Mix Sweet Shop, Ashland — 97;
- Mongolian BBQ, Medford — 95;
- My Plate Asian Fusion & Bar, Medford — 89;
- Oak Tree Restaurant, Ashland — 92;
- Oh's Osaka, Medford — 95;
- The Old Farm House Restaurant, Central Point — 97;
- Paisano's Italian Kitchen, Rogue River — 95;
- Rogue River Sandwich Shop, Rogue River — 92;
- Ruth & Sparky's Yogurt, Medford — 95;
- Sauce, Ashland — 89;
- Si Casa Flores, Biddle Road, Medford — 92;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 12462, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 95;
- Taco Bell/Pizza Hut No. 028005, West Main Street, Medford — 97
- Taqueria el Gallo, Medford — 87;
- Wetzel's Pretzels, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 92;
- Wild River, Medford — 89;
- The Winchester Inn, Ashland — 95;
- Yummy Yan's, Medford — 87.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.