Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 77 restaurants in September, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Ashland Food & Friends Mealsite, Ashland — 92;
- Bee Gee's Diner, Rogue River — 97;
- Brewed Awakenings, Medford — 94;
- Carl's Jr. No. 7191, E. Stewart Ave., Medford — 95;
- Flamingo's Sandwiches, Roberts Road, Medford — 97;
- Jack in the Box, White City — 84;
- Laurel Hills Golf Course, Central Point — 87;
- Lost Creek Marina, Trail — 92;
- Mazatlan Grill, Central Point — 95;
- McDonald's No. 14537, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 97;
- McDonald's No. 4483, Biddle Road, Medford — 97;
- McDonald's, Walmart, Center Drive, Medford — 95;
- McDonald's, Central Point — 97;
- Mongolian BBQ, Medford — 95;
- Phishalicious, Medford — 94;
- The Pita Pit, Ashland — 90.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.