A barrel of events fills Beer Week
A marquee event will highlight each day of the fourth annual Beer Week in Medford.
Friday, June 6
Y The kick-off party starts at 5 p.m. at Walkabout Brewery, 921 Mason Way. Enjoy the brewery's new patio, barbecue delights and live music by country rock band Buckle Rash.
- Try the strawberry wheat beer called Peace Treaty from 4 to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing Co., 545 Rossanley Drive.
- Meet the brewers from Rusty Bucket Brewing from 5 to 8 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market, 1211 E. Jackson St.
- Beers from Good Life Brewing in Bend will be on tap from 5 to 8 p.m. at Beerworks, 323 E. Main St.
- Buy a pint of Pyramid Ale from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings, 1700 Delta Waters Road, and keep the pint glass.
- Portal Brewing Co., 100 E. Sixth St., will offer a beer-tasting class at 3 p.m.
- Rock out with Dragstrip Superstar at 9:30 p.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon, 333 E. Main St.
Saturday, June 7
Y Brews, Burgers and Bluegrass, one of the top events of Beer Week, will be held from noon to 8 p.m. at EdenVale Winery, 2310 Voorhies Road. There will be microbrews on tap, burgers made with meats from five regional ranchers and live music by five local bands. See www.mailtribune.com/tempo for information and tickets.
- Kegs and Eggs, with biscuit sandwiches from Buttercloud Bakery and Cafe, will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Beerworks.
- Bring your own plates, utensils and meat for the Char and Chug to be held from noon to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing Co. An open grill will be provided.
- Tasty bites will be paired with beer from Lost Coast Brewery from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Comedian Costaki Economopoulos will perform two shows, at 7 and 9 p.m., at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon. Call 541-973-2888 for tickets.
- A triathlon of one-armed pub and lawn games will start at noon at Walkabout Brewery. Why one-armed games? It keeps the other one free to hold a beer.
Sunday, June 8
Y A Battle of the Beards will be hosted from noon to 8 p.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon. Look for live music by Buckle Rash, The Legendary Goodtimes and Ernie Diggle & the Rattlers.
- Big Wheel racing competitions with prizes for winners, an open grill and raffles will be held from noon to 7 p.m. at Opposition Brewing Co. Races start at 3 p.m.
- Beer and cheese pairings will be available from 3 to 5 p.m. at Beerworks. Four pairings costs $6.
- Winners of a home-brewing contest will be announced at Portal Brewing Co.
- A brewers dinner will start at 6 p.m. at The Point Pub and Grill, 311 E. Pine St., Central Point. Chef Freddy and brewer Dylan Schatz of Mad River Brewing Co. will pair food courses with award-winning beers. Call 541-665-9015 or see www.thepointpubandgrill.com for reservations.
Monday, June 9
Y A list of rare and specialty beers will be on tap from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Grower King at Quality Market. Text the word "growler" to 20673 to see what selections will be tapped.
- Smoked meats with barbecue sauces made from Southern Oregon Brewing beers will be available from 5 to 9 p.m. at Centennial Golf Club, 1900 N. Phoenix Road.
- Beers from Opposition Brewing and food from Elements Tapas Bar will be paired from 6 to 10 p.m. at the restaurant, 101 E. Main St. Call 541-779-0135 for reservations.
- Giveaways and tastings will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Seasonal bratwurst will be paired with beers from Southern Oregon Brewing from 6 to 8 p.m. at Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus, 525 Bigham Knoll Drive, Jacksonville.
- Truffles from Sweet Stuff and beers will be paired at 7 p.m. at Portal Brewing Co.
- Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night from 8 to 10 p.m. at Bricktowne.
Tuesday, June 10
Y Food will be paired with beers from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- "Business over Beer, What's Your Pitch?" a beer clinic, will be from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at Elements. Call 515-450-7757 for reservations.
- The Heart of Darkness Dark Ale Trail is from 5 to 9 p.m., with stops at Bricktowne, Portal and Beerworks. Get your card stamped at each location and enter a drawing for prizes.
- Beers from Opposition Brewing will be on tap from 5 to 9 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market.
- Women Enjoying Beer and Fabric of Vision will co-host a mixer from 7 to 9 p.m. at Elements.
- Tacos and beer from Walkabout will be available from 5 to 7 p.m. at Mr. Smith's, 401 E. Jackson St.
- Ninkasi beers can be tasted from 6 to 8 p.m. at 4 Daughters, 126 W. Main St.
- Free line dancing starts at 7 p.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Samples from 10 Barrel Brewing Co. and a crawfish boil will be from 5 to 8 p.m. on the patio at Howiee's on Front, 16 N. Front St.
Wednesday, June 11
Y Beer from Lagunitas Brewing and food will be paired from 6 to 8 p.m. at 4 Daughters, 126 W. Main St.
- A cheese and beer pairing will be at 7 p.m. at Portal Brewing.
- It's ladies only from 5 to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing.
- Taste Ninkasi beers from 5 to 7 p.m. at Porters, 147 N. Front St.
- An open music jam will be from 8 to midnight at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Beers from 10 Barrel Brewing will be on tap from 5 to 9 p.m. at Beerworks.
- Giveaways and Deschutes Brewing samples from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Sliders paired with beers from Deschutes Brewery will be available from 11 a.m. to close at Mr. Smith's.
- Meet Ross Litton, owner of Walkabout Brewing, and enter to win a guided fishing trip on the Rogue River from 6 to 9 p.m. at Morrtons Sports Bar, 980 N. Phoenix Road. Live music will be by Ol' Mount'n Due.
- Live acoustic music by Mark Anthony Smith and Jordan T. Hassell will be presented at 6 p.m. at Bricktowne.
Thursday, June 12
Y Big Ass Throwdown with Widmer Brothers Brewing will be from 5 to 8 p.m. at Mr. Smith's. There will be a burger-eating challenge.
- Summertime beers will be paired with handmade pretzels from 3 to 6 p.m. at Buttercloud Bakery and Cafe, 310 Genessee St.
- A Ring the Bull Tournament will be from 4 to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing.
- Bean-bag contests and 10 Barrel Brewing will be available from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- A corn hole tournament starts at 7 p.m. at Howiee's on Front.
- Open mic with Christian Warren from 8 p.m. to midnight at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Beer Label Art Competition winners will be announced at 7 p.m. at Portal Brewing.
- Celebrate Southern Oregon Beer and Southern Oregon sports, and enter to win a guided fishing trip on the Rogue River, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Morrtons Sports Bar. Live music will be by the Qi Brothers.
- Trivia Night will be from 5 p.m. to close at Walkabout Brewing.
- Beers from Corvallis and Eugene will be on tap from 5 to 8 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market.
Friday, June 13
Y A kickball tournament will be from 4 p.m. to dusk at Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus, 525 Bigham Knoll Drive, Jacksonville.
- Sample beers from New Belgium Brewing from noon to 2 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Come to Opposition Brewing from 4 to 9 p.m. after the big games. Wear your uniforms and get discounts on pints.
- Buy a pint of Lagunitas Brewing from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings and keep the glass.
- Chicken wings will be paired with beer from 10 Barrel Brewing all day at Mr. Smith's.
- Meet brewer Matt Licata of Fort George Brewing from 5 to 8 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market.
- Try New Belguim beers from 5 p.m. to close at Beerworks.
- A dodge ball tournament will be held from 5:30 p.m. to dusk on Bartlett Street in downtown Medford. Look for DJ music and a beer garden.
- The Scott Perry Band will play at Rocky-Tonk Saloon at 9:30 p.m.
- A five-course beer dinner will be served from 6 to 8 p.m. at Howiee's on Front. Tickets cost $40 in advance and can be purchased at Howiee's. Call 541-773-5767.
- Beers and cheese will be paired from 7 to 9 p.m. at 4 Daughters.
Saturday, June 14
Y The 2014 Southern Oregon Craft Brew Festival will be held from noon to 8 p.m. in Medford's Old Town. Look for beers from 25 breweries, vendors and food booths. Tickets cost $14 and include a commemorative pint glass and five tasting tickets. Additional tickets are five for $5 or 12 for $10. Visitors must be 21 or older to attend. Find out more at www.socbrewfest.com.
- A bean bag contest will be from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Free rides on a mechanical bull will be available from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Get a burger with homemade potato salad paired with a microbrew all week long at Mr. Smith's.
- Pong matches will be open every night during Beer Week at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.